Two months of blogging down! The Adventuring Emily officially opened for business on August 31st, 2018 which means I now have two months under my belt. Though I didn’t do a review for September, I wanted to take advantage of today being the last day of the month aka Halloween and recap what I’ve done so far. This is a pretty picture light post so here’s a picture of my dog in is Halloween costume to tide you over:
September + October stats:
Number of posts: 19
Number of total views: 292
Most viewed post: runDisney’s Dopey Challenge: 4 days, 4 races, 48.6 miles
Most commented post: runDisney’s Dopey Challenge: 4days, 4 races, 48.6 miles
Number of Twitter followers: 389
Number of Instagram followers: 307
Number of Pinterest followers: 12
Wow! So far so good! I didn’t really start my blog with any particular goals in mind because I really just wanted a place to save my pictures and adventures. Thank you to everyone who has supported me so far! Looking forward to November I have some specific things I want to work on.
- Focus on growing my Pinterest account- I just started using Pinterest for my blog. I didn’t want to start with too many social media accounts at once when I was getting started! Thanks to all the helpful folks on Twitter who got me started I made my Pinterest account, figured out how to make posts and use Tailwind. This coming month I want to spend more time building my boards, growing my followers, and following other bloggers to enhance my feed.
- Grow my Twitter followers to 600– I think it’s really important to not focus on numbers so I almost considered not making this a specific goal. However, Twitter is my favorite platform to engage with people on and I think that engaging (retweeting, following others, etc.) is how I gain followers. With that logic I figure if I shoot to gain followers I’ll do it by engaging with others so this is a two fold goal!
- Participate in four blogger chats- I recently stumbled upon my first blogger chat by chance while I was scrolling my feed and it was really fun! I loved reading other people’s ideas and getting to follow new blogs after chatting with the writer. I’d like to do a little pre-planning to try and make it to one blogger chat a week this month.
- Comment on one blog every day- I love getting comments- always so exciting to to see that notification and get to respond to someone! I want to spread that excitement with others so I’m going to push myself to read more blogs. I’ll track my comments and aim for 30 (ideally with one each day to spread out my engagement.)
- Stick to planned posting schedule- I have all my post ideas for the month saved in my schedule queue waiting to be written. My goal is to stick with it and make sure I write them on time so I can post as scheduled.
Happy Halloween, adventurers! Enjoy your tricks and treats and let’s bring on the turkey and the blog posts starting tomorrow! What are your goals, blogging or otherwise, for November?
Stay adventurous, friends!