It’s officially a Five Things Friday (aka something I just made up on the spot!) I’ve been working a weird schedule the past week and a half so I missed Throwback Thursday- whoops! I’ve realized, after three weeks of blogging, that I thought I wanted to stick to a strict Monday/Thursday schedule but hey- that doesn’t always work, and that’s okay!
With that lesson learned, I bring you five things/thoughts/ideas that I want to share today:
- Since today marks the first day of a long weekend for me (perks of a three day work week) I started the morning off with homemade waffles. I have a Dash mini waffle maker from Kohl’s which is AWESOME because it’s size makes it so easy to clean. I modified a recipe that came in the box to add some chocolate protein powder and cut back some of the oil to make it a little healthier.
- One week (and a few days) and I’m off to Lake Placid and Lake George for a girl’s trip with my mom! I love the the Adirondacks and can’t wait to be back, especially when it will hopefully be peak fall foliage. Have you been? What are your favorite things to do?
- Set your alarm tonight if you’re a Halo Top Ice Cream fan! To celebrate the first day of fall Halo Top is giving away free pints of their pumpkin pie flavored ice cream. All you have to do is visit their website at midnight EST tonight and print a limited offer coupon which can be redeemed at any retailer that sells Halo Top. YUM!
- Fall is finally upon us! In Connecticut this is the first week that we’ve gotten our first tastes of fall weather. This is also the first week that I had my first taste of pumpkin coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts. I tried to hold out until fall really started but I came up just shy- how did you do? Starbucks certainly didn’t make it easy by bringing the PSL back in August!
- As I mentioned I have a three day weekend (sorry to keep bringing it up if you’re working today ha!) I’ve got all sorts of plans packed in: tickets to a comedy show, apple picking, a vineyard visit, a long run, and a cocktail party. I like keeping busy, but do you ever feel like you need a weekend from your weekend? Who can I ask about that?!
Stay adventurous, friends!